Pages

1/7/08

Rocket's 'science' is not brain surgery

I have to admit, I watched Clemens on 60 minutes last night. A few reflections:

Mike Wallace is 90 years old (in May)! Unbelievable.

The 'I'd have a third arm growing out of my head or be pulling tractors with my teeth' (if I had taken all those injections) line almost made me piss my pants. The best part is that you know he rehearsed it.

I still think he's lying for all the reasons everyone else does : primarily, what's McNamee's motivation to implicate Clemens? (the defamation of character lawsuit filed by Clemens today says McNamee was offered immunity if he would implicate Clemens -- somehow MLB wanted one of its all-time greats to be brought down, along w/ the sport itself?!?!)
Also, imagine you were on national TV to defend yourself against a claim you knew in your heart of hearts was untrue. You would take Mike Wallace's hands and say 'on my mother's grave...' or you might be bemused b/c you know your innocence would be easy to prove or you might even be threatening McNamee's life or at least one heck of a lawsuit. You would NOT be squirming and talking about third arms growing out of your head.

These congressional hearings should be interesting...

1 comment:

Cocameister said...

Will,

I agree with you. He should have been furious. He was totally squirming. Also, why wait so long that he did inject him, but with lidocaine and B12? He sounded like he made that up at the last second when Wallace asked him if McNamee ever injected him with anything.

Clemens has no proof that he didn't do it, and in the court of public opinion (he's not going to jail for this), you are guilty before innocent.