Pages

2/12/08

In the Weeds....

This is an expression Julie taught me that servers/hosts use when they get busy. I've never waited tables in my life. Lest you think that's because I'm above the work of the commoner, don't forget:
paper boy, bagger/checker, lawn/snow care, telemarketer, vacuumer/custodial, house painter
dog poop scooper, laundry boy, pizza delivery, bike messenger, medicine intern

Anyway, I got pulled in for two weeks' attending and thus have been off the blog for a bit.

recent news:
-the O's traded Erik Bedard, their best player and perhaps the best starting pitcher in the AL East, to the Mariners for prospects (Adam Jones, CF as the centerpiece). All in all, it has brought some optimism to Bird Nation IF this means we are building our farm system and will be ready to supplement with a big free agent signing or 2 in '09, '10. But no doubt, 100 losses in '08 is a realistic possibility.

-SNL returns w/ a new episode 2/23. I hope you saw Brian Williams' episode at some point this year.

-Barry Bush (no relation) will be helping me parge the basement. We'll also finally be hanging Owen's much anticipated (one man) ceiling swing.

-4 months, 3 weeks, 2 days was SLOW, weighty and not at all suspenseful. I guess I missed something.

Don't forget Steve's blog for all matters political, financial AND MORE!

2 comments:

julie said...

Alternately, some people just say "weeded" to mean the same thing as "in the weeds."

julie said...

Yo, are you caling me a commoner?