Pages

12/1/09

The Information Age

With the internets and the 24 hour news cycle, we get virtually instantaneous info on big news. But the info is pretty crappy, isn't it? First I heard Tiger Woods was in serious condition, then I heard he was in perfectly fine condition and was released from the hospital under his own power, then I heard his car flipped over, his mouth was full of blood and his wife had to bash his windshield in with a golf club to free him, then I heard he was hepped up on vicodin, peeled out of his driveway, ran over a fire hydrant and his wife came at him with a golf club because he was cheating on her. She may have also been hepped on vicodin . I would've been better off hearing 'something happened to Tiger Woods' so I could at least make up something good in my head. Though his wife coming at him in a jealous rage with a golf club is pretty good. Dude makes $100 mill a year in endorsements alone -- he can't afford a dent proof vehicle of some sort with shatter proof glass? And a robot to back his shatter-proof/dent proof car out of the driveway at high speed while he ducks down? Though I guess no need to duck in a shatter-proof/dent proof vehicle.

3 comments:

julie said...

Just and FYI for the doubters: Tiger Woods released a statement apologizing today for "letting is family down." I'm not saying "I told you so" but you can think it if you want.

Will said...

I'm thinking it.

Don said...

If Tiger decided he needed sex from any woman other then Elin.... then I want to hit him in the face with a golf club too.

Soon as I am done with Hugh Grant....