Pages

4/9/11

Seriously, who wouldn't want this car??


I can't say it has been an aggressive marketing campaign though. I put it online between the 2 biggest blizzards of the 21 century, then let my neighbor borrow it only to have it hit by a texting teen 2 hours later. It spent about 6 weeks in the shop because of all the other weather related crashes but it looks brand new. Unfortunately, it's currently in the garage behind a 10 foot pile of mulch. I should lower the price but then require that anyone who wants to drive it has to come spread a few loads of mulch.

One guy called *several* times; made a Sunday appointment to drive it, didn't show, called 2 days later to apologize and ask is price negotiable? Yes! just please stop calling! Two days later he called again (this is not a joke):

Michael: "Jeffrey?"

Will: [assuming Michael has been calling about lots of cars so is temporarily confused]
"Oh hey Michael."

Michael: "My dad and I have been thinking this over a lot."

Will: [mmmm, good sign, Dad may be able to front cash] "Yes... go on..."

Michael: "And we're planning to take a drive down there."

Will: [yes! that's it Michael! you've got it! See car on line, call owner, drive car, make decision!! yes Michael!!!] "Sounds great."

Michael: "And we're planning on offering you a job!"

Will: [realizing this was all too good to be true] "Michael, this is Will, the owner of the white Altima...you've called me like 6 times. I'm not Jeffrey and I don't need a job."

Michael: [pausing, no doubt blinking forcefully and rapidly] "Oh, jeez...oh...Jeffrey has a 215 number too...oh...ok...well...I'll call you soon about the Altima!"

epilogue: [in slow baritone voice over] Michael never called again about the Altima

1 comment:

Will said...

it has come to my attention that the teen, in fact, may have been sexting