Pages

1/23/09

For rent

Is my house really this nice? (For the record, the blurb I wrote did not include the word 'prestigious.') I was more frank (e.g. 'the second bedroom is small -- would be good for a child or an office or a gnome') But I'm sure it's real estate 101 to sound as glowing as possible. Remember that cat door hole I cut in the door to the basement? Turns out that's a HUGE selling point. 'Your small, well-behaved, neutered pet can move effortlessly to the basement. Never again will a blissful night's sleep be interrupted by the sound of a neurotic animal scratching at the basement door.' I would be asking $1500 if it weren't for that splendid architectural touch.

1 comment:

Cocameister said...

Great description Will. Everything you said is fairly true. Leave it as is. Always want to play it up a little. It is not like you are selling a product online that will be delivered without being viewed first. The renter will obviously see it in person before making a final decision.