Pages

4/30/09

The curse of the Thick German thighs

I have this hilarious couple that comes in every few months with a laundry list of symptoms. Thankfully, they are easily reassured; they just want some answers loosely based on medical science. Anyway, in the middle of 'the list', the wife stops and says -- 'Dr. Becker -- you put on some weight?' and I paused, wondering, have I? when she says, "Your thighs look like they're gonna bust out of your pants!" I had just gotten up to examine the latest super-urgent corn on her husband's foot and sat back in my chair without adjusting my pants, thereby gathering the pants fabric tight around my thighs.

Hey, when a wife of a patient interrupts (for all she knows) a perfectly legitimate medical examination to comment on the doctor's thighs -- you know you got some big ass thighs.

The origin of 'Thick German thighs'? .... I was at Diana's parents' house a dozen years ago or so taking a nap. Later that day, Diana's father revealed he had come home, walked into his son's former room to see a man sleeping there. He thought for a moment it might be his son but decided it couldn't possibly be because of the man's 'thick German thighs.'

3 comments:

Don said...

Really? Then what explains the ......


Nah. Too easy.

Brendan said...

so, are your thighs getting thicker? is that possible?

Will said...

I think she had just never gotten a good look at them before. but, n0, not possible