Pages

5/27/09

PB: MC

Nothing can ruin a perfectly mediocre movie quicker than high expectations. But it works the other way, too: find a 7 year old, rent Paul Blart, Mall Cop and prepare yourself for a total abuse of your time. You will be pleased to find a not-too-bad, worth-several-laughs movie. And O loved it.

On a semi-related subject -- I'm starting to sense something amiss with my beloved metacritic.com. Case in point: Roger Ebert said this about Night at the Museum 2 (paraphrasing): "I can't lie: I really disliked this movie. It made me squirm." This review translated to a 38 (out of 100) on metacritic. I went back to read the whole review to make sure those quotes were representative. And they were. Are the big blockbusters benefitting from grade inflation from metacritic? How will I know what to think about movies before I see them?

No comments: