Pages

8/2/09

C'mon now

People -- lights on if you need to use your wipers. State law. Yes, it's technically day time but if the sky is gray and the road is gray and there's rain coming down and you're driving a gray '89 Skylark, it should be pretty freakin' obvious that headlights would be helpful to your fellow motorists, and, by extension, you. Make it easy on yourself: turn your headlights on when you start the car and turn them off when you stop it.

Does this make me sound like Andy Rooney? I've gotten that feedback. I was watching him tonight and noticed he's kind of an a#$hole at times. What does that tell me?

2 comments:

Don said...

Is this the complaint of a bicyclist? I mean, I totally agree with you -- but just wondering what prompted this little rant. Oh, and how's the icontinence, Cranky Magee?

Will said...

This month I have a 44-mile round trip (car) commute every day. I've found a back way that takes me on 12 different roads but saves 26 miles and is 2 minutes faster than the highway. One road is called 'Gaylord Mountain Road' so throw fog into the 'turn on your damn lights' equation.