Pages

9/7/09

I got Zoomeranged

It's weird how I knew that going on the Zoomerang would give me a near panic attack and a 24 hour dull headache -- and yet I was drawn to it.


They back the cars up to the top of the near slope and then you whoosh down through a cork screw, then a loop-the-loop and up the far slope. THEN you whoosh back down and do the whole thing facing backwards. Waiting in line, I was getting sweaty palms and the yawns (same symptoms as opiate withdrawal -- was does this tell you about endogenous endorphins and anxiety-ridden states?) but then all the way on top of the first slope before the fall, I felt oddly at peace. Julie had the exact opposite experience. Then 48 seconds later it was all over except for the headache. Five more years til my next roller coaster.

2 comments:

Don said...

Remember the Steel Phantom?

Will said...

Do I ever. I guess the good part about the Zoomerang is that it was like one swift punch to the stomach so you could just sit down on the ground and wait for your breath to come back. The Steel Phantom was like being strung up as the actual punching bag.