Pages

10/14/09

Lego makeover

Remember when all the lego guys were little spacemen and construction dudes with pleasant smiles?

Well, the days of un-extreme toys are over:
The back of the card has the various assault weapons that you can fit into his hand. I know there are a lot of parents out there who wouldn't dream of letting their kids play with realistic weapons even if they are 1:500 scale. Are the Star Wars lasers better because they're fantasy? I first thought this picture was funny but now I find myself going in a different direction.

2 comments:

Don said...

I have to think these are aimed at adults, not at kids. I can see, though, why parents would want to keep this from their kids.

Will said...

I didn't even think of that...the card in the pic is Owen's and he just received a shipment of a wide variety of tiny but very realistic assault weapons including an AK47 and a rocket-propelled grenade launcher. I see on the website http://www.brickarms.com/FAQ.aspx that there is an AFOL (adult fan of legos) club AND that brick arms is not endorsed by lego.