Pages

9/29/11

O's' moxie sinks sox

wow that was a wild night of baseball...I went to bed at 10:30 after the announcers were speculating that the O's-sox rain delay might turn into a postponement. But then I saw that the rays were heading into the bottom of the 9th only down 1 run to the yankees so I went back down to catch that finale. Then the O's' - sox came out of rain delay. I won't recount the details that are more eloquently described elsewhere but I do want to give a special shout out to the lady in the orange O's bucket hat sitting just over the shoulder of left-handed batters who held up a bright orange home-made sign the *entire game* that read "Spoiler Alert."

2 comments:

ted said...

i can only now finally speak after this debacle. good for the o's. serves me right -- in the middle of the september collapse, i was trying to think of a way to post on "new haven cravin" a headline i had seen in the WP - "O's win, guaranteed not to have 100 losses". with headlines like those, who needs anything more? but alas, those pesky o's did us in in the end...

Don said...

I think we need more commentary on the fact that the Cubs just paid 20 million for a guy who couldn't win the Tyng Cup for JE.