Pages

3/31/08

O-pening Day

So the Bosox-A's already played 2 in Japan and the Nats opened their new park with a thrilling bottom of the ninth win last night but 2008 mlb really gets underway today at The Yard with the O's facing the Rays at 3:05.

There have been some pretty dire pronouncements about Year I of the O's official rebuilding phase (reminds me of Billy Packer yesterday during Texas-Memphis: "I have a pronouncement....Texas cannot win this game unless they stay on the perimeter." Billy, you take yourself way too seriously. Relax, it's amateur sports). I don't buy it. I think the offense will perhaps be average and the pitching somewhere around a 5.00 ERA leaving us with 70 wins, or 1 more than last season for those of you scoring at home. I think Markakis-Jones in right and center will be 2/3rds of the AL's best outfield in 2009 (pending a savvy free agent pick-up next off season). As much as I hate to say it, Brian Roberts needs to get traded at this point since the deal-in-evolution is taking up way too much energy.

6 comments:

julie said...

blah blah blah (no photos of Owen or Vegas posted here) blah blah blah

Brendan said...

the only thing will asked of me (besides that) was to post the vegas pics, and i haven't done it yet. coming soon, i promise (though, i hesitate to commit to a day because commitment makes me uneasy).

julie said...

Did 'that' involve an ottoman?

Brendan said...

...an ottoman and four young men on spring break.

Brendan said...

will, a blog that proves doctors and street artists can peacefully co-exist. check it out.

http://streetanatomy.com/blog/galleries/anatomical-street-art/

Will said...

that's pretty cool. I like grate ribs the best