Pages

4/13/08

Training wheels are gone

I got back to Julie's after my ultimate double header (hence the mud on the legs) and I could just sense that O was ready. The other 12 times I had that sense I was way off. But not this time. He got it right on the first try which I guess isn't a surprise considering he's been balancing without really using the training wheels for a year.






Being outside on the bike is a good thing because it means less chance for this:



O created a chart showing how many bad marks Mommy and Daddy each got for various transgressions (not allowing him to lay in bed until school starts, for example). Scholars will long debate whether the eighth mark next to 'DAD' is actually an 'x', perhaps making Mommy's tally one worse. By the way 'f' is for friend -- apparently Eva got two x's for making fun of O that day at school.

6 comments:

julie said...

It's great progress for us, and for humanity, that we have equal marks. Think back to the 1950s when it was only Dad who was the disciplinarian. At least you have company in your misery.

ted said...

the best part of O's chart is that he lists his own name, which of course, has no demerits next to it. i love it.

Will said...

It's true...he's self-righteous. The other day he kicked me in the nuts during a play boxing match and blamed it on me. This could be the effect of ultimate fighting's popularity on generation A1 but I believe nut shots are illical in UF as well.

Will said...

illical=illegal

Unknown said...

Go O! That is amazing. Tell him I said congrats. A far cry from the red bike he gave Isaiah!
Also, love his report card. I do believe the eighth mark is an X--sorry to report.

julie said...

That bike wasn't actually Will's to give away. I had asked him not to, for the record.