Pages

10/21/08

Time in a bottle

Another hilarious Office bit got me thinking about the song (Let's Get) 'Physical' by Olivia Newton John. This song was number 1 for TEN WEEKS almost topping Elvis' Love Me Tender as the longest running number one in history. It was considered racy and was banned on a lot of soft rock stations. Check out the lyrics below and you'll remember just how scandalous it was. AND THE VIDEO?!? the legwarmers, head bands, medieval work-out equipment... We make fun of the '50's quaint yet somehow creepy sexuality but I think early 80s win by a mile.

"I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like
Making good conversation
I gotta handle you just right
You know what I mean
I took you to an intimate restaurant
Then to a suggestive movie
There's nothing left to talk about
Unless it's horizontally"

2 comments:

Don said...

I don't know if Olivia Newton-John or metal bikini Leia was my first love, but I did love me some ONJ back in the day.

Will said...

The Saucy Aussie, as she's never been called, hit her peak in Grease. When she came back all tricked out and not giving Travolta the time of day, I couldn't stand it.