Pages

2/1/11

Snowmaggedon turning to wintrymixmaggedon

seriously wtf? The wife and I were shoveling the roof tonight. that's not normal. But in our world, apparently it's more than normal, it's the prudent thing to do. Because ice on top of 2 feet of snow could break the roof. I don't know if that's true but there's something therapeutic about getting on the roof and shoveling... so desperate and irrational. It's like panic grocery shopping. Sure, I pass 38 places to purchase food between here and Waterbury and could walk to at least a half a dozen of those *and* I could make 27 lbs of beans and rice just with what I have in the house, but why not go in before the storm and start pushing people in line and being irritable with everyone if I have the chance?

2 comments:

Don said...

Looks like someone needs to "talk you guys down" literally. But even down here in NoVa, I am suffering from severe winter fatigue. I just hope Julie's groundhog is right this year....

julie said...

You should post the photo of the Snowasaurus.