Pages

8/13/08

Cool review article

Check out this one from a couple weeks back in the New England Journal about effects of in utero development on adult disease later in life. The evidence is a lot stronger than I thought.

Speaking of which, Owen has an adult tooth growing behind a baby tooth that hasn't fallen out yet and isn't even loose. Shark-boy, as we now call him, hasn't been to the dentist in a year because Daddy believes that putting fillings in baby teeth (Owen has at least two) makes about as much sense as putting 90-year-olds on mechanical ventilation.

Please share any experience you have about double-teeth and later-in-life dental catastrophes (or lack thereof).

2 comments:

Don said...

I am just now catching up with all the riveting issues covered on your blog this summer. I am now about halfway through the process of using Invisalign braces to straighten my teeth. To my horror, though, I believe I am now uncovering a double tooth hidden behind my incisor all these years!!! I am asking my orth about it on Thursday.

Will said...

this is a cautionary tale. keep us posted