Pages

8/4/08

Favre Mayhem

This is getting nuts. And I would like to ignore it, thereby doing my small part to let it die, but with Owen not getting back til late tomorrow night, there's just not enough going on.

My take is he's being a prima donna. IF from here on out he practices at camp, competes for the job (likely getting it, let's be serious) and shuts up about what happened over the past three months, he'll get some respect back. I don't see that happening though. Did he really expect the Packers to be jumping up and down to bring him back after that display at the end of last season? Sure, he has the right to change his mind but the Pack has the right to make him jump through a bunch of hoops so that he proves his intentions are real. Yeah, Brett, no matter how great you were for how long for that city that doesn't have a heck of of a lot more to root for, management still has to make contingency plans. I heard today that the Pack has the best record in football since 1992 (his rookie year), which is impressive no doubt; but that's beside the point.

3 comments:

Will said...

Full disclosure: my hope is that this whole thing tears apart the clubhouse and their entire season is a mess so the Bears can take the division crown back.

kath said...

I think Brett has just made himself look like a pathetic, egomaniacal loser. And I used to really like him! If I was a Packers fan (which I'm not), I'd be super pissed that he was such a distraction. And why not just end on a high note? Has he not seen the Seinfeld episode when George learns this important life lesson? He had an improbable, great not-final season! Now he's going to go down as one of the leaders among the overpaid, overindulged has-beens.

Will said...

Kath - I'm with you... except for the used-to-like-him part. I give him credit for the public victory-over-vicodin admission but other than that, he beat the Bears way too many times. And apparently now, if he does it again, it won't be as a Packer.