Pages

8/27/08

Priorities

I haven't seen Hillary's speech yet. The plan was for the Phillies to make quick work of the Mets at the Bank and get back in time for the actual or recently TiVo'd start of the speech. Well, wouldn't you know it, the Phils spotted the Mets 7 runs through three, then held them scoreless for the ensuing TEN innings to finally win it in the 13th on a bases-loaded Chris Coste single.

It was a weird one: 7-0 Mets innings 1-3. 8-0 Phils innings 4-13. I got home just in time to watch the re-cap as the lead story on 1 a.m. Sports Center. Another shout out to Harsha who not only stayed for the full 13 but also biked home with me, protecting me from some thugs who started shouting 'tightie whities' at us. (Harsha's Indian and I was wearing boxers so I'm not sure what that was all about).

After last season's epic collapse and then this game, you gotta wonder where the Mets' heads are right now. The literalists might say "at the tops of their necks."

Did Hillary really make a 'Sisterhood of the traveling pantssuit' joke?

4 comments:

Marisa said...

She most certainly did! And because of that joke, Scott quickly threw up a website: http://sisterhoodofthetravelingpantsuit.com/

Hdesai said...

What a game. The Mets are going DOWN and the Phillies are coming back. Yes very shady ride home but we made it back safely...
Watched Hillary this morning and it was worth the wait. The travelling pants made it into her speech. Overall a great Tuesday evening.

julie said...

The Webster Street crew is discussing the tighty whities comment. www.urbandictionary.com doesn't reveal any info. The ladies here all think it might be because the ladies liked Will's ass. Kev thinks it was drunken chatter.

kath said...

Hillary is so great...still breaks my heart that she's not on the ticket.

Actually, Bill was pretty brilliant tonight, too! I can't believe I'm admitting this but I actually am hopeful for the direction of our country again.