Pages

1/25/10

Sports Update

The Saints Go Marching in to Miami -- I made that up. I wanted to post it last night but knew no one would believe I could come up with that just hours after the game.

Yale Women's field hockey practice started today around one; I could see them out the office window. Other things I could see out the window: horizontal driving rain and wind gusts up to 55 mph. That's the love of the game, Brett Favre, not 17 million dollars just to unretire (again), torture the entire state of Wisconsin for 9 months and then throw the worst across-the-body-when-you-should've-scrambled pass of your INT-riddled career, thereby tormenting the entire state of Minnesota for the next 9 months. I know...ten AP fumbles didn't help the cause. Please, somebody, explain fumbling. The dude looks like he could crush my skull with his biceps and yet the ball keeps popping out. Maybe that's it: holding the ball too tightly?? I think Aikman said he usually only fumbles when he's fighting for extra yards. Hmmmm, yeah, it would be weird if he fumbled in open space or just after getting the hand-off. Oh, wait, he did that too.

2 comments:

Don Martin said...

Nice work keeping mum on the women's field hockey games until after you moved in.

Will said...

by the way, there's also a dazzling array of migratory birds in our yard so I'll need some binoculars for my birthday