Pages

9/22/08

Soccer Bust

It was another tough Saturday out on the soccer fields. Initially, O was kicking the ball around enthusiastically w/ me and a teammate; things looked promising. But when the actual practice/game came around, O turned into rubber chicken -- the same rubber chicken I used to turn into when I went shopping with my mom -- and tears started to well up. We walked away for a while to see if he would give it a go without an easy out, but that didn't work.

Seems like that will be it for the season. I'll be sad if that's it for his soccer career but you never know.

There is joy in Owen's life, don't worry. He loves the Garden State Discovery Museum, for instance. We went last Sunday (click on newspaper to enlarge):





3 comments:

Don said...

Ahh.... doesn't O look cute? And that article is just darling. Too bad his pops couldn't sober up before they took the picture, but character building is important for a young boy too.

Will said...

you should've seen me in what I thought was the 'wack-a-mole' room. apparently it was actually a bunch of kids on a field trip playing duck-duck-goose. luckily I was using a wiffle ball bat

julie said...

Maybe you should blog about Band of Horses? Not that I am trying to tell you what to do. : )